What's in it:
- 1-3 Tablespoons Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- Organic Fruit of Choice
- (I like bananas, strawberries and blueberries)
- Small Handful of pre-soaked almonds (See post on soaking almonds)
- 1-2 Dates (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar (optional)
- 2-4 Cups Water (depends on how thin/thick you like your shakes)
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Teaspoons Spirulina (optional)
How it's done:
- Put 1-2 Bananas, 5-10 Strawberries and 1/2 Cup of Blueberries in your blender.
- Add approximately 2 cups of water (you can add more later if it's too thick)
- Add pre-soaked almonds
- Add the dates if you opt to use them
- Start blender on a lower setting and then increase speed to highest to really puree the mix
- While the fruit and nuts are blending, add in the Chocolate, Oils, Agave and Spirulina (optional)
- Let blend until smooth.
- Taste shake and determine if you want more of anything.
- Pour and Enjoy!
Note: You can use just Flax or only Hemp Oil - just put in two tablespoons of which ever one you use. If you're just going to use one, I'd suggest the hemp oil.
Note: I really like Sunfood Nutritions Raw Organic Cocao Powder, a bit pricey but worth it!
Note: You can use frozen organic fruit.